Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Celtics vs Pistons


If you're a Celtics fan, you want this series to happen, you want to bitch slap the Pistons and send them on their merry way. I believe the Celtics will sweep the Pistons, however, I have said that about every series. But here is the team breakdown.

Rajon vs Billups

I think will Rajon excel and be able to get the best of Billups here. I feel Rajon will be able to exploit Billups on defense more than the other way around. Sure Billups may be a "better, proven, player", but I believe this is Rajon's series. I expect numbers to be around 16 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds a game for the youngster, and believe he can tire out Billups on the defensive end.

Ray Allen vs Rip Hamilton
Both essentially the same player, guys who can run around and hit mid range to three point range defense to stretch the defense. Ray had a terrible series against the Cavs and I believe he will get his shit together and be able to get it done. He is stronger than Rip and will be able to drive on him because Rip Hamilton is not a defender. I believe both players will be around 15 points a game, but I expect Ray to have a turn around series.

Paul Pierce vs Tayshaun Prince

Paul Pierce coming off the best game of his career, proved to put this team on his back and carry them. I do not believe Prince will not be able to contain him. Sure Prince is a very long defender, however, Pierce will be able to push him around and get some easy buckets. Prince on the other hand can knock down some threes and is my favorite player on the Pistons.

Kevin Garnett vs Rasheed Wallace
I would love to hear this match-up be mic'd up. I bet it would make Lindsey Lohan blush, but this is the most intriguing match-up you got. Rasheed has more range than KG, but KG is a better defender/ low post presence. I would look for KG to bang down low early and often to set the pace of the series.

Kendrick Perkins vs Antonio McDyess
Both players are who they are. Perkins is a big body that will be able to clog up the lane and get easy points, while McDyess is an old vet, that has more range than Perk but isn't as much of a defensive threat.

I am looking for a high intensity start, but for the Celtics to take this game easily tonight. 102-87 is the score. Rajon gets the Tommy Award.

No comments:

Post a Comment