Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Lakers


Lakers reach finals

The Los Angeles Lakers have reached the western conference finals for the first since 2004. They defeated the Jazz in Utah to close out the series. The Lakers are one of two teams to steal a game on the road this postseason. In the next round, L.A. will be facing New Orleans or San Antonio, either way, expect a close series. Kobe has been electric thus far, he is the leading scorer in the playoffs, averaging just over 30 points per game. He shows no signs of slowing down and the back injury appears to be non-existent. Pau Gasol has complimented Kobe nicely, averaging 20 points and 9 rebounds per game. In addition to the two stars, the supporting cast has stayed consistent. The Lakers rely on strong outside shooting, ball movement, and working the offense from the inside out. So far, no team has been able to contain both Pau and Kobe, a daunting task for any team.

Throughout this postseason, I have found myself rooting for the Lakers to come out of the west. I suppose it’s my flare for the dramatic, but I would love to see a Celts-Lakers final. It would be great for the NBA (they want this to happen more then I do), great for both cities, and it would (without question) instantly rekindle the flame of the NBA’s best rivalry. While the Celtics have given me much reason to worry, I feel confident that neither the Hornets nor Spurs will be able to take a game from the Lakers in L.A. Worst-case scenario, L.A. in 7. Ho-hum, the west is settled in my book, the east however, a much different story.

-Brian B

No comments:

Post a Comment