Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, December 23, 2010

And LeBron Wonders Why We Hate Him


I don't have much sympathy for athletes complaining. And LeBron's recent anti-playing-on-Christmas quotes really pushed a button with me.

"If you ask any player in the league, we'd rather be home with our families. I think the people that even set the games up would rather be home with their family during this day. It's not just a regular holiday. It's definitely one of those days that you wish you could wake up in the morning with the kids and open up presents. The fans, we always say it's good for the fans. But the fans get an opportunity to see us all year. We've got TV games all year. We've got a TV game on Thursday (in Phoenix). I don't care for it too much."

Cry me a river. LeBron's life is 365 days of Christmas every year. He's paid millions to play basketball for 6 months, get knocked out of the playoffs, then spend the summer filming obnoxious commercials. I'll take that deal, even though it includes a trip to LA on Christmas. Hell, I don't have that life, and I'm still working a few hours on Christmas. Why? Because I live in the real world and need money.

And fuck Phil Jackson, too. He's against the Christmas game for religious reason. He'll get all pious and rail against TV dollars ruining a Christian holiday. Funny how he doesn't moan about TV money when he gets paid by the Lakers (who get money from the NBA, that comes from the TV stations).

If Jackson had any stones, he'd take the Christmas game off and spend it in church. Just like how Koufax refused to pitch on Saturdays.

I get why these guys don't want to spend their holiday away from family. But they are in the entertainment business. The rest of us spend holidays in homes, with family, and it's nice to have something on TV for everyone to enjoy.

And this is my biggest problem with LeBron. He doesn't get what it is to be a normal human being. He doesn't get why people hate him for The Decision. He doesn't get that maybe he should just say "I'd rather be with my family on Christmas, but I don't make the schedule, and I'm looking forward to playing the Lakers."

Bill Belichick should tutor stupid, spoiled athletes like LeBron. Teach them important phrases like "it is what it is," and "we need to play better and coach better," and "they have a pretty good team over there."

So fuck you, LeBron. I hope the Grinch rapes you.



-The Commodore

No comments:

Post a Comment