Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

LeBron Is Still An Idiot


The Heat may have turned their season around from an attrocious 9-8 start, but the constant negativity being drawn in South Beach can be directly pointed to LeBron's immaturity.

First "The Decision", The the "retweets", then the "What Should I do?" commercial, then the Christmas Day talk, then his Birthday business plan, and now the contraction talk.

LeBron made a statement in which he thought that the NBA needed to take away some NBA teams to make all the stars align to have super teams (we have entered that new trend NBA fans). Then the next day, he goes to the pussy LeBron backtracking way and said he didn't know what the word contraction meant.

This is his whole comment:
"That's crazy, because I had no idea what the word 'contraction' meant before I saw it on the Internet," James said after the Miami Heat's practice Monday. "I never even mentioned that. That word never even came out of my mouth. I was just saying how the league was back in the '80s and how it could be good again. I never said, 'Let's take some of the teams out.' "

Maybe he had a point with his original comments about the Wolves, I don't think so, but don't blame it on lack of knowledge on a word. I know you didn't go to college but you obviously knew what you were talking about.

But let's dig deeper into what he said, Does the NBA need to take away a couple of teams?

I don't think so, because in the NBA, unlike any other sport one person can turn a franchise around. If you don't believe me, see Cleveland before and after LBJ was drafted. Sure the Timberwolves may be struggling, but if they were to draft a good swingman this offseason, a Perry Jones, Harrison Barnes or Terrence Jones like talent, they could be on to something with the core of Johnny Flynn, Michael Beasley, Kevin Love and a Jones, they could be on to something. Any small market can be turned around within a couple of years, and obviously that will bring in fans and revenue.

With the new trend of stars aligning on certain team, the draft is going to be more and more important every year, and I think this will ultimately help the smaller market franchises to be the cream of the crop down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment