Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, February 28, 2011

Am I The Only One Who Thinks Jenks Is Going To Suck?


It's a rainy day in Boston, and there is some hateraid in my blood.

Let me start this by saying this has nothing to do with the whole Guillen/Jenks battle. I think that whole thing is childish, and is two assholes who can't keep their mouths shut. Thus, I couldn't care less about it. But let's go over some facts of things that DO matter. Here is Jenks stats over the past 4 seasons...

2007: 40 saves, 2.77 ERA, and a .198 opponent batting average.
2008: 30 saves, 2.63 ERA, and a .230 opponent batting average.
2009: 29 saves, 3.71 ERA, and a .250 opponent batting average.
2010: 27 saves, 4.44 ERA, and a .260 opponent batting average.

Seeing a trend yet?

I am not against the signing. He gives the Red Sox flexibility, and the Red Sox needed more arms then just Papelbon and Bard, but for anyone to really think this guy is going to come in and dominate, I think you're living in a fantasy world. Maybe I am wrong, and changing teams and roles will help revive his career, but I am not sure how much I am really buy into that.

Call me a hater, but looking at those stats I feel there is a lot to back me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment