Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bruins Get Chris Kelly


"The Bruins traded for Senators forward Chris Kelly, the team announced Tuesday night. The B's will send their own second-round draft pick to Ottawa in the deal (WEEI)."

So what was my reaction to this trade? Well, it went something like this "Oh, so who the fuck is Chris Kelly", after looking him up, "Oh, he has 12 goals this year, the Bruins better do way better then this".

Kelly has 12 goals and 11 assists this season for 23 points in 56 games for Ottawa. He has another year remaining on his contract, but it's not like he is really going to improve since he is already 30 years old. He has never scored more then 15 goals in a season. The Bruins recently have been scoring, but playing no defense, so maybe they will make a move to get a defenseman, but all I can say is this better not be it.

I will say that it doesn't sound like it will be after reading Peter Chiarelli's comments yesterday...

"I've been pretty public with saying I'd like to get a defenseman. That's still in the works," said Chiarelli, who added there are nine defensemen the team is seriously considering. "I've had discussions on a number of fronts. I would say a couple of them are closer, but I don't have anything imminent."

When asked later by a reporter if he thinks he'll make a trade for a defenseman, Chiarelli paused contemplatively and responded, "Yeah. Yeah, I think I will (WEEI)."

They better.

No comments:

Post a Comment