Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, February 18, 2011

So What Did Pujols Turn Down?


There is a report today that says that Albert Pujols turned down a 9 year deal worth $200 million (According to Sports Illustrated). If this is true they should be close to a deal. I know there are rumors that Pujols wants a 10 year deal for about $300 million, but that is fucking ridiculous, and I don't think he will get that from St. Louis (or anyone else).

The deal they offered would work out to be about $22.25 million. That wouldn't make him the highest paid player, but with the contract being a guaranteed I think it is a very fair offer. Pujols will be 40 at the end of that contract, and there is little chance he will worth anything near that amount by then. Maybe they just front load the contract, so that Pujols gets to be the highest plaid players for a couple year, and then make it more manageable later.

Either way, this proves to me that they are a lot closer then I ever thought, and I think they will get a deal done at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment