Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, September 28, 2009

Carlos Zambrano To Retire Next Season


The end of the season can't come soon enough for Cubs right-hander Carlos Zambrano, who now says he will retire if he does not have a bounce-back year in 2010.

"Look, this is the only season I haven't won 16 or 18 or 14 games," Zambrano told the Chicago Tribune. "If it happens again next season, two seasons in a row, I'll quit. Believe me, I'll quit. I just have to put this behind me."

Zambrano likes to speak his mind, and often his comments come out of frustration. But his latest prediction comes not after a rough outing, but after a two-hit shutout of the Giants. ESPN

A lot of people don't like Big Z, however, I do. I like his outspokenness, his locker room meltdowns, etc. And after these comments I believe and respect everthing he says. He doesn't want to be some run of the mill pitcher, he wants to be on the top of his game and if he can't do that, he wants out. You can't blame him. Who wants to be known as that washed up pitcher who keeps getting one year contracts?

No comments:

Post a Comment