Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Glen Davis Injury Update


More bad news coming from the Celtics today...

"Glen "Big Baby" Davis left the arena on crutches and told reporters he has a sprained right ankle. He was wearing a protective boot and said he couldn't walk without aid. He could be out for an extended period. He didn't sound positive. X-rays were negative.

Davis sprained the ankle in an ugly collision with Golden State's rugged Rony Turiaf, in which Davis was called for the offensive foul. Turiaf landed awkwardly and fell on Davis' ankle.

"I sprained the ankle before (as in last season), so hopefully I'll be back soon," he said. "I can't walk. If I can't walk, I can't run (Boston.com)."

Awful news for the Celtics who are already playing without Paul Pierce. I think Davis is the key to that 2nd unit. Wallace is not really a presence underneath the basket on the offensive side of the floor. Davis is, and for that reason I see this as a big loss for Boston. We'll keep you posted when the Celtics release a timetable for his return, but it sounds like it will be at least a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment