Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Steve Smith To IR


"Panthers WR Steve Smith will go on injured reserve this week after undergoing surgery to repair a broken left forearm suffered in Week 16 at the Giants. "He's a pretty tough individual," said coach John Fox. "The ball was taken more inside to the safety, and I think he got his arm up to (brace himself) for protection. It looked like he took the blow with the helmet. His finish on the touchdown was pretty unbelievable considering that he had a broken radius (CBSSports)."

Carolina is out of the playoff picture, so this doesn't matter much, yet I think Carolina needs to sit back and think about their future. Is Moore their QB of the future? I don't think so, but they seem to want him starting next year. I think Carolina needs a complete overhaul. They could turn this around in a couple of years, but I think the first they need to get rid of some guys. First, trade Peppers for some nice draft picks. This would allow them to quickly restock some talent, and I wouldn't stop there. I would trade Steve Smith too. He still has a lot of value. The Panthers have had a lot of problems with him, and I think it would be best if they both got a fresh start. Then of course I would cut Jake Delhomme, to free up some cap space down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment