Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Celtics Updates


Lots of news going on with the Celtics. Ainge came out and talked about the Paul Pierce, and Perkins shed some light on when he might be able to return.

Ainge on Pierce:

"We were negotiating an extension in good faith," Ainge told the Boston Herald. "He's worked hard to become a free agent, but I still think that in his heart of hearts he still wants to stay in Boston. It's all a negotiation. Risk is involved in all of these things, but I'm telling him that we would like him to come back and make another run at a title."

Ainge is confident the team will remain competitive if Pierce signs with another club.

"There's too many other things that factor in right now," he said. "Who else can we get? But it's not all dependent on getting Paul back. I don't think it all rests on his shoulders."

So what will it take to get Paul back? I think he will obviously take less money, but more years. My thinking is that it'll be a 3 year deal, and to get the deal done they might give him a full no trade clause. That would be a huge sign of faith, since Kobe Bryant is the only other player in the NBA that has that.


Perkins:

Kendrick Perkins will undergo major reconstructive surgery to repair tears to the anterior cruciate ligament, medial collateral ligament and posterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. Perkins is aware he has a long road back.

"They told me to expect late December or early January," Perkins told the Boston Herald. "I don't know what is expected from something like this, but I'm just going to go with the plan and see what I have to do.

"But after I took the MRI and found out that it was an ACL I was surprised -- I have to admit that. So I just have to go with things."

Celtics are going to need a lot of help up front, since Perkins won't be back until some time in 2011. You add that to the fact that Sheed is retiring, you could see a much different looking Celtics team next year. Rumors have surfaced the Celtics will make a run at Miller, but I would be a lot happier with someone like Haywood, though he could prove too expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment