Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Red Sox @ Rockies Preview


Tough loss last night for the Sox, and tonight it won't get any easier as the Red Sox face the hottest pitcher in the MLB (Ubaldo Jimenez). He has some of the best numbers I have ever seen from an MLB pitcher (13-1 1.15 ERA). The only good news for the Sox is that he was sick last night, and was sent home from the game. Hopefully that means he won't be 100% tonight.

Jimenez has not allowed more then 3 runs in any start, and 2 or fewer runs in all but 2 starts. That means the Sox are going to need a big game from Lackey, who has been much better of late, but still is letting up too many hits, and not getting enough K's.

John Lackey (8-3, 4.53) is 4-0 with a 3.62 ERA over his last 5 starts, but has yet to pitch past the 7th inning in any game. That isn't good for a guy who is known to be an innings eater.

I know I have no reason to say the Sox will win, but I still think they will. I refuse to believe that Jimenez is this good. Maybe it's because I don't respect any Rockies pitcher ever, but I feel the Sox squeak out a win tonight.

Sox win 4-3 (11th)

Game starts at 8:40pm on NESN.

No comments:

Post a Comment