Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, June 21, 2010

Rivers Close To Decision


There are article all over the internet about Doc Rivers recent interview on WEEI. I don't know why everyone is making a big deal about this, because he really didn't tell us shit.

"[Father's Day] was nice," Rivers said. "A couple of my kids were out of town, playing sports, as usual, but it was nice to be home, to have family around. So that's always nice.

"We didn't talk about [a decision] at all, really. We've only even brought it up once since the season has been over. It's still very difficult to get through Game 7, let alone talk about the future, to be honest."

"I'm not going to say which way I'm leaning, and I am one way, but I can look you in the eye and tell you I have not made a decision," he said. "We've only had one small conversation and we're going to do that in the next week or so."

"The only reason you stay is the love for the guys you coach, and the organization -- [Celtics president of basketball operations] Danny [Ainge], and all those guys you work for," Rivers said. "You know if you do leave, you're not going to get that back. You can get a coaching job back, no doubt about that, but I don't think you can ever get the situation that I have here in Boston.

"So that will be difficult to leave, but the other side of it is so strong as well with family. It's going to be an interesting decision, and I don't know what is yet."

See...he didn't really say anything. Anyways, I still think he is gone, but DP does believe he is coming back. It would be a terrible loss for the Celtics if Doc does decides to leave, especially since they have already lost Tom Thibodeau. Doc Rivers showed how great of a coach he was in this playoffs, and even if he wants to take some time off he will still be considered a top coach whenever he decides to come back.

Hopefully we will get an answer sometime this week, because this could be a domino effect if he leaves, but if he stays then DP's article today could be spot on. I think if Rivers return it will only be for this year, and the Celtics will do everything they can to make one more run with the current group of players.

No comments:

Post a Comment