Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Big Twelve Breakdown


I am now going to break down the Big 12. I hate this conference as much as The Captain hates the Big 10. I hate Texas, I hate Oklahoma, and the rest of the teams. Although it is a tough conference, it could not compete with the SEC.

1. Oklahoma:
This is the obvious choice this year. Sam Bradford is a great quarterback and will continue to prosper for the Sooners. Even with the departures of Allen Patrick and Malcolm Kelly, I believe there is enough firepower in Bob Stoops systen to make up for it. Junior running back Chris Brown and sophomore DeMarco Murray are set to take the place of Patrick for this years 1,200 yard rusher. I believe Chris Brown will win the competition due to the fact every Chris Brown does well in college.

2. Missouri
I like Mizzou a lot and I like Quarterback Chase Daniels even more. Last year with mediocre wide receivers Daniels was able to put up 4,306 yards and 33 touchdowns through the air. I believe Chase will be able to put them in Big 12 championship contention.

3. Texas
Colt McCoy not only has a great name but has a great team around him. After a break out freshman year Colt plateaued last year. Even with the departure of Jamaal Charles, Texas will be a very dangerous team. Chris Ogbannaya is to take over Charles place and run hard.

4. Kansas State
I know people probably have them ranked much lower, but it is my break down and I put them here for a reason. Josh Freeman is the best quarterback in this conference and even though he lost his top target Jordy Nelson, he will be able to recover with up in comer Deon Murphy. I not only expect Josh to put up great numbers for K-State but be in contention for the Heisman.

5. Kansas
After a ridiculous year last year with getting to the number 1 spot in the BCS and finishing 7 at the end of the year, I expect somewhat of a drop off this year. Todd Reesing who is the sole reason that Kansas was a good offensive team last year and although he didn't put up numbers that will jump out at you he will not lose you a game.

6. Texas Tech
Graham Harrell is back and ready to air it out for his second consecutive season. Last season, Harrell set an NCAA record with 48 touchdown passes and became just the sixth major-college player to throw for 5,000 yards in a season. Texas Tech will win just because they put an absurd amount of points on the board.

7. Oklahoma State
Strong run game keeps them in mediocrity
8. Colorado
Ditto
9. Texas A & M
10. Nebraska
11. Baylor
12. Iowa State

No comments:

Post a Comment