Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

DC Reader Coobs is Pissed


With a rant like this, how couldn't I put it up? Oh yea, and well my hatred for Tony Allen may have led me to release this...

Tony Allen is a fucking turnover machine. I am so frustrated watching him play, because it doesn't matter how much talent or upside the guy might have, he always seems to find a way to fuck up. He does not run smoothly with the offense at all; he catches a pass, ducks his head down, and hopes for the best. And on top of that, he is one of the worst finishers around the rim. He tries to hard to draw a foul and I'm sorry TA, you are not a fucking superstar so you aren't gonna get that fucking call.

Now about the game last night, I almost threw my remote through the screen I was so pissed. The whole first quarter was a rough, old-school style of physical basketball and I was pumped because that's the type of game the Celtics lure teams into playing. Then suddenly in the 2nd quarter whistles are being blown every 15 seconds. I swear there was one possession where the refs made 4 foul calls, 3 of which were off the ball. But yet this was all occurring now on the Celts' defensive end. Now I hate bitching about referees, because what comes around goes around, but it was fucking ridiculous that they changed the whole flow of the game on a whim like that. Not to mention allowing a basket to count when there are SIX FUCKING PLAYERS on the court. Like, seriously? How does that even make any fucking sense? That's right, it doesn't.

Lastly, the Celtics aren't going to get better unless they start playing more selfishly. That's right I said it. I know Rondo is your boy DP and I love him as well, but he needs to stop driving to within 3 feet of the rim and kicking it out to behind the arc. Especially on fast breaks. Just take the ball strong to the hole like EVERY team does against our defense. PP had a great 2nd half last nite but he needs to start playing with a little passion in the beginning of these games. Ray Ray needs to look for his shot more, and not just settle for pull-up 3's. He still has the guile to get a step on his man and lord knows he can drain a jumper from anywhere inside the arc. KG is showing signs of promise by posting up more, but it seems like he only does so when he is pissed at whoever is covering him (a la Lamarcus Aldrige). And on top of that, he seems to want to dish to Perk more than try to finish by himself, which is worthless because Perk's hands are about as coordinated as his feet. He has been improving with getting the ball up quicker but once you stick a man between him and the basket and he starts pulling that turnaround hook shot out of his ass, I start getting pissed. Perk, you are a moose, learn some god damn footwork and take it strong.

Alas, this message is ridiculously long because I am ridiculously pissed about that game last night. I'm not worried about setting records or the season in the long run, but right now I'm fucking livid because these 3 games we have lost were all winnable games that we just fell apart in the 4th quarter. I don't like that sign. Let's face it, our bench sucks. Powe is the only glimmer I see on it, and he is just overmatched down low by size. Eddie, I love you to death, but you don't have to shoot it every time you touch the ball. There might be other people open. Here's to another blowout hopefully on Friday night against the Wiz so I can relocate my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment