Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, October 26, 2009

Indians Pick Manny Acta As Next Coach


"Manny Acta's record didn't overwhelm the Cleveland Indians. They looked much deeper than at his wins and losses -- lots of losses. Acta, fired as the Washington Nationals manager in July after 2½ seasons, was hired on Sunday by the Indians, who gave him a three-year contract with a club option for 2013. Additional terms of the deal were not disclosed. The club will introduce the 40-year-old Acta -- the Indians' 40th manager -- at a news conference on Monday. He's the first Cleveland manager hired from outside the organization since John McNamara in 1990 (Sportsline)."

Not sure if I agree with this one. Granted he was with the Nationals and there is only so much you can do, but aren't their a lot better coaches out there? If it was me I would have taken Bobby Valentine. I think he is a good coach, and could at least maybe get some people to come to the Indians. Anyways, I think this team has a good 3-4 years of rebuilding before they do anything, unless somehow Carmona can become an ace again (I'm not holding my breathe).

No comments:

Post a Comment