Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Time To Get Excited For The World Series (I Guess)


The Yankees/ Phillies World Series starts tonight (but probably not because of the rain) This series sucks for us Boston fans, but for our Phillie fans out there here is my half assed breakdown.

For the Phillies:
I love the experience, I love the fact they don't want to give up their championship, I love the fact they are starting Pedro in game 2. Ryan Howard, Jason Werth, Raul Ibanez, and Jimmy Rollins have proved to be unbelievable clutch players. Howard is tearing the cover off the ball this whole post season. The feistyness of the Phillies offense is very scary to go against. The pitching staff is absolutely better than last year, (anyone who argues that is a fucking idiot). Cliff Lee has turned into Roy Halladay and Cole Hamels is still Cole Hamels. Even though Cole hasn't lived up to last years playoff numbers, he is still an unbelievable pitcher and has at least one really good outing in him. Pedro has looked rejuvenated( well in his last start at least), and even though he is old bones now, he is still Pedro Martinez and he can still win you a game. Also, Brad Lidge has looked pretty good in the playoffs, and it seems as if the Brad Lidge of the season is a thing of the past.

For the Yankees:
The Yankees have been absolutely scary this postseason. Who would have thought that Mark Teixeira, Hideki Matsui, Johnny Damon could all be laying eggs this postseason and they would still be this good. I still don't trust A-Rod or CC Sabathia. I could see the pressure proving to be too much for them and imploding. But that is just my own hopes and I have nothing to really back that up. Their pitching staff has proved to be pretty good as well, CC, AJ Burnett, and Andy Pettite have been pleasant surprises. But the only pitcher I truly trust is Pettite, he's a gritty veteran and has been in the World Series.

So what do I think?
Phillies in 5. I believe the Yankees beat themselves up, and Boston rejoices. And Philly burns their city down.

No comments:

Post a Comment