Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Meriweather: Defensive Player Of The Week


"Brandon Meriweather's big performance on Sunday served as more than a breakthrough. It also got him a nice piece of hardware. The Patriots safety was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week for the first time in his three-year career. Meriweather got New England's rout of Tampa Bay started, picking off Josh Johnson and going 31 yards for a touchdown on the Buccaneers' first offensive possession. He also registered another first-half pick as New England really put Tampa in the rear-view mirror.

"The difference today is I was playing within the defense," Meriweather said on Sunday. "I was being myself, but I was playing within the defense. The d-line got a great rush, and he happened to throw the ball like that, and I happened to have a good break on the ball (Boston.com)."

Meriweather is turning into a very good safety. He has always been a hard hitter, but now it seems like he might be able to add some catching ability to his abilities. Anyways, for me to start thinking that the Patriots have the ability to win it all they are going to have to beat a good team on the road. I think they will, but I cannot (and will not) gloat about this team until they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment