Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sox Looking For A New Bench Coach


"While Sox manager Terry Francona is ecstatic at the news that Brad Mills was named the manager of the Houston Astros today, it is also clear that he will have a void to fill on the Red Sox staff. Asked if he might turn to an internal candidate as his bench coach, Francona said, "I hope so. I really hope so. I think that's something that's important. I've been here long enough now that it's something that definitely needs to be considered. That doesn't mean that anybody's a lock to get a job."

DeMarlo Hale, who interviewed last year to be the manager of the Mariners, and Tim Bogar, who had a first-round interview for the Houston job, could be among those considered for the position. Francona said that he had talked to general manager Theo Epstein earlier, and that they would take a step back before making a move. As Francona said, "Think we'll let it slow down. I think we're situated pretty well (Boston.com)."

I have no idea who they will pick, but I am sure Francona will miss his best friend Millsy. If it was up to me I would find out where Mike Greenwell is and bring him back. Nothing could could bring the Sox back to Championship form like a little "Gator Greenwell".

No comments:

Post a Comment