Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, October 29, 2010

Gammons Says "Don't Expect V-Mart Back"


Peter Gammons was on WEEI yesterday and had a lot to say about what the Sox will be looking to do this offseason. He first touches on Red Sox free agents Beltre and V-Mart...

"I don't expect Victor Martinez to come back, I think Detroit is going to give him four or five years," said Gammons. "And I don't think anyone else is going to give him four or five years. I'm not so sure Beltre will be back, I can't gauge that market. But I do think they will go hard after Crawford, I really believe that."

That is just awful news. I really trust Gammons, and I agree that if the Tigers give him a 5 year deal there is no way the Sox will match (although I would). Beltre I expected to be gone, there is just no way they trust him to put up those numbers again, and he is known for having "contract years".

DP and I agree that the Sox biggest offseason concern has to be to resign V-Mart. There just aren't any other catchers that come close to him (other then Mauer). Losing him would be a huge blow unless they go out and trade for someone like Prince Fielder or Gonzalez.

Gammons wasn't done there. He also talked about Carl Crawford...

"There is no doubt in my mind that they (Red Sox) are going to go really hard after Carl Crawford," said Gammons. "That will be a matchup with the Angels, and you know there are some puffs of smoke coming out of New York that suggest the Yankees might go after him, even though their primary need is pitching."

He seemed sold on the fact that the Sox are going to land Crawford. As much as I am excited about that, I don't think it will be enough to bring this lineup to the next level. The Sox really need a power bat in the middle of that lineup, especially if lose V-Mart to Detriot.

Gammons also said that Cliff Lee is definitely going to resign with Texas. Suck on that Yankees.

No comments:

Post a Comment