Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, October 22, 2010

Jays Pick Red Sox Pitching Coach For Manager


"Red Sox pitching coach John Farrell is poised to become the new manager of the Toronto Blue Jays, according to several reports. MLB Network analyst Peter Gammons Tweeted Thursday, "Three GMs today insisted John Farrell will get the Toronto job." However, the Blue Jays would not comment on the situation (WEEI)."

I trust Gammons, so in my eyes it's a done deal. I said yesterday I think this is a really good pick for the Blue Jays, who have an incredible amount of young pitching talent (Kyle Drabek (22), Brandon Morrow (26), Ricky Romero (25), Brett Cecil (24)), and Farrell has shown the ability to groom young pitching (Lester/Buchholz).

Now the Jays need to find a good hitting coach, because as much as I like the "chicks dig the longball" attitude they had this year, you can't have a team with everyone batting below .250.

As for the Sox, I don't think it will hurt them much. Their rotation is pretty set, and I think everyone is groomed enough to do it on their own, but it will be interesting to see who they bring in to replace him.

No comments:

Post a Comment