Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, October 22, 2010

Always Sunny Review


Last night's episode: "Mac's Mom Burns Her House Down."

This was a good episode. I kept telling myself that as I watched it, as if I were trying to convince myself that it was true. And it was a "good" episode. But just good. Not great. And I'd even say, it was borderline acceptable. It was funny, but not laugh out loud funny. Except when Frank said "Magoo never made that mistake."

Oh, and the Charles Grodin scene was great.



But that scene really summed up my feelings about the episode as a whole. It was funny, and I felt like I was about to laugh, then it never came.

It was a good concept for an episode, and it was decently executed. I like how a seemingly basic idea, like Mac and Charlie's mothers moving in together or Frank taking care of Dee, were both twisted by the interferences of other characters. That's a good recipe for the humor Always Sunny generally produces.

But again, watch this episode after a 6 pack. Don't watch it if you're having a shitty day.

Funniest Charlie moment:
"I feel if you and I were in a room together, and there was perfectly good cheesecake, conversations would be happening all over the place."

Funniest Mac moment:
"I know that grunt. She's open to it."

Funniest Dee moment:
"Josh Groban likes his ladies to pop."

Funniest Dennis moment:
"She has an earth fragrance..."

And next week, we'll finally see Dee pregnant. They've hid it well these last few episodes.

Overall Rating (scale of 1-10):
6.99

-The Commodore

No comments:

Post a Comment