Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Matthew Stafford Back This Week


"The Detroit Lions are going full steam ahead with the recovery plan for Matthew Stafford (more on said plan below). Stafford indicated on the "Dan Patrick Show" on Tuesday that he plans on taking all the first-team reps in practice this week, per Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.

Furthermore, the quality of his passes doesn't seem to be affected by the injury. "Once I got healthy, I knew I'd have the same arm that I've always had. I was just making sure that I was pain-free," he said Wednesday, per MLive.com. "It wasn't like a rotator (cuff) or a labrum or anything like that. It had nothing to do with the mechanics of throwing. It was an AC separation.(ESPN)"

Great news for the Lions after they lost Shaun Hill to injury, but Stafford is going to have to find a way to stay healthy. This is a young and growing team, but they aren't going to go anywhere unless Stafford becomes the real deal.

The Lions have let me down this year, I though they would be taking strides to becoming a better team, but these "close games" just aren't good enough anymore. Hopefully Stafford, is the missing piece, but that could be asking a lot.

Oh yea, and Drew Stanton is the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment