Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Man In 23 Year Coma Was Awake The Whole Time


Man and I thought being trapped in a cubical was bad...

"An engineering student thought to be in a coma for 23 years was actually conscious the whole time, it has emerged. Rom Houben was misdiagnosed as being in a vegetative state after a car crash left him totally paralyzed. But, in actuality, he was trapped in his own body the whole time with no way of letting friends and family know he could hear every word they were saying. The 46-year-old, who can now tap out computerized messages and read books on a device above his hospital bed, has revealed: "I screamed, but there was nothing to hear.

"All that time I literally dreamed of a better life. Frustration is too small a word to describe what I felt," he said. "I shall never forget the day when they discovered what was truly wrong with me — it was my second birth. I want to read, talk with my friends via the computer and enjoy life now people know I am not dead."

His misdiagnosis was discovered by neurological expert, Dr. Steven Laureys, who fears there may be similar cases all over the world (FoxNews)."

Holy shit that is the worst thing I have ever heard. Imagine being trapped, not able to move, talk, or even let anyone know you are still in there? Fucking crazy. I have to say I am a little disappointed in these doctors. I mean aren't we at the point that they can tell if a brain is still functioning. I would think this could be a sizable lawsuit, but whatever, at least this guy can somewhat communicate now.

No comments:

Post a Comment