Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, November 30, 2009

Urlacher Thinks Bears Should've Kept Orton


"Back in July, there was a rumored feud between Brian Urlacher and Jay Cutler -- with Urlacher referring to his new teammate as a [wimp] to Bobby Wade -- but at least publicly, Urlacher denied that he said anything of the sort. But in a column written by Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports following a hijinks-filled weekend with No. 54 in Chicago, perhaps there's something to those initial rumors.

While Urlacher doesn't call Cutler's manliness into question, he does think the move to get him was a mistake: "Look, I love Jay, and I understand he's a great player who can take us a long way, and I still have faith in him," Urlacher said. "But I hate the way our identity has changed. We used to establish the run and wear teams down and try not to make mistakes, and we'd rely on our defense to keep us in the game and make big plays to put us in position to win. Kyle Orton might not be the flashiest quarterback, but the guy is a winner, and that formula worked for us. I hate to say it, but that's the truth (ESPN)."

DP and I said it right after the trade that the Bears gave up way too much for Cutler. I will admit that I thought Cutler was a way better QB, but Urlacher could be on to something here. The Bears are just a different team. They used to be a team that would out physical you, and protect the football. Now they have a gun slinging QB that throws a lot of picks, and the defense is just not what it used to be. Saying that, I still think Urlacher is wrong to come out and say this. The Bears made a choice, and Urlacher needs to fall in line and be supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment