Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Red Sox Set Limit On Beltre, V-Mart (UPDATED)


The Red Sox have said that keeping Adrian Beltre and Victor are one of their top priorities this offseason, but a source tells Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe that they won't offer them more than four years and $52MM. ESPN

I don't like offering 4 years to Beltre however, I would imagine thats a fair deal. I just don't think Adrian Beltre and Scott Boras will accept a 10 and change contract for Beltre after the year he had. Also, I don't want Beltre on the Red Sox anyways. He's 31 and I just really think he's a contract year player. (Shame on me if I'm wrong) Plus that would be an end to an Adrian Gonzalez/ Prince Fielder rumors.

I do think V-Mart is a little bit more important to the Red Sox, so I really hope that isn't a hard line. Other teams would seriously outbid them.

Also, rumor has it that the Red Sox would think of trading Marco Scutaro if the opportunity to arise and the Sox would then install Jed Lowrie at short. I'm not really a Lowrie guy, but you can't deny the end of the season he had. Scutaro had a good offensive year, and I would prefer him unless we get anything significant.

***UPDATE***

"Theo Epstein denies he has drawn a "line in the sand" on Adrian Beltre talks. Certainly Epstein will have his limits as talks progress, but right now he said talks are still ongoing (Boston.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment