Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tom Werner Shooting Off His Mouth... And I Like It



"I want to assure everyone that there is no bridge year here this year. In 2011, we’re committed to win," said Werner. "I think Theo would have been the first to say that he was excited about the prospects we had coming up through our system. I think he made a very rare mistake saying that. After that, we did sign Adrian Beltre. We did sign John Lackey. I think Theo would be the first to say it wasn’t his finest Winston Churchill moment." WEEI

I like this a lot because I'm starting to think Theo needs a kick in the ass. I understand Theo is all about "smart" signings, but how smart was giving Lackey a billion dollars, Josh Beckett an extension when he didn't deserve it, Julio Lugo was a bust and the outrageous JD Drew contract.

I know all of us are getting excited about Justin Upton and we should. He is a hell of a player and a player the Sox offense can build around. These are the 5 names I've heard in a potential trade for him pick 3; Casey Kelly, Jacoby Ellsbury, Anthony Rizzo, Lars Anderson and Jose Inglesis. I'm fine with any of those players leaving, Justin Upton is 25 and is amazing.

And an impact free agent that Werner says needs some explaining also. Is it the cream of the crop Carl Crawford, Cliff Lee, and Jayson Werth or does it mean Scott Downs or Kerry Wood. Either way, I like that someone is putting pressure on Theo because I'm sick of complacency.

No comments:

Post a Comment