Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Or I Could Have Just Watched From My Couch


What a game, what a moment, what a memory.

This season has been such a renaissance for me and my appreciation for local sports. I guess that's what happens when you win a couple World Series' and a few Lombardi trophies but god damn has it all seemed so simple, so routine. That is until tonight.

Was there ever a question I would venture downtown and enjoy this experience with a few thousand fellow green hats? (And yes, that is what I found. Many, many green hats...very few legitimate fans but its all good) Prior to this season I could not have told you when and if I would get to witness #17. No fucking chance I was missing it actually happen couped up in my apartment.

Despite the whole work in the morning thing, I have no regrets. Sure, I'm covered in cheap champagne which I will probably be licking off my watch first thing in the morning. And sure, I saw some real white trash, scum bag, Lynn residents defacing Red Auerbach's statue while completely ignoring Larry Legand's sneakers 18 inches away. But at the end of the day, I witnessed the first title won in the city of Boston since 1986 and I could not be happier.

Or you know, I could have just watched it while sitting on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment