Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

DC Movie Review: Angels & Demons


I had read mixed reviews going in, and now I can see why. Was the movie entertaining? Yes, but for the most part I saw every twist coming, and there is one scene that is just like..."if that guy lives I should walk out". It happens, I stayed, should have left. Saying all that, it was somewhat interesting. Basically what is going on is...

"The Illuminati--a secret society of anti-religious freethinkers--is out to destroy the Catholic Church. So they steal some anti-matter capable of blowing up most of Rome, kidnap some cardinals on the eve of the selection of a new Pope and, luckily for Tom Hanks, leave TONS OF CLUES like a bread crumb trail of puzzle pieces.(Movies.com)."

I like the whole science vs. religion concept, and I bet the book was fantastic. The problem really was the directing. You could tell they had a good story, but a lot of times it is hard to fit a book into a movie. Some part seemed rushed (even though it is a long movie), and you just felt like there could have been a whole lot more back story to all of this.

Oh yea and if you are going to go to see Hanks' awesome mullet that he had in the first movie, it's not there....

Grade: 5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment