Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, May 29, 2009

Coobs Rants On Celtics


I think the biggest frustration for me was the complete lack of outside shooting off the bench, save for Eddie House. and I'm not just talking 3-pointers, I'm talking about any shot a step from the basket and out.

Tony Allen needs to go. His defense (which apparently is his calling card) is made moot by his total inadequacy on the offensive end. He can't shoot a lick, doesn't have a solid enough reputation to draw fouls on a consistent basis, and repeatedly turns the ball over. He is fucking worthless and if he is in the rotation again I think we are in for another long season.

We need someone...ANYONE...to spell both Pierce and Ray. Posey was perfect for that role. Can guard multiple positions and can hit the long ball, especially in clutch situations. I definitely think Skywalker has the skills to play a big role, he just needs to shore up that jumpshot.

Personally, I don't think Giddens should be given a shot before Gabe Pruitt. Here is a guy who has put in 2 long years of benchwarming, but he has a knockdown jumper. I'm tired of these cagey veterans being brought in mid-season who then need to adapt to the Celtics schemes. Gabe has shown glimpses of promise in minimal PT. I don't understand Doc's reluctance to play Gabe, especially during a season when our bench BLEW. Eddie House cannot create his own shot come playoff time, and he can't consistently back-up Ray Ray.

I think our frontcourt is all set (given we resign either BBD or Powe, preferably both) with those 2 and Scals. We could use a true backup center, and ideally I would love to see the Birdman in Celtics green. But backcourt reserves is where we have a glaring weakness that certainly needs to be addressed this offseason.

In Danny We Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment