Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, May 29, 2009

Donald Driver A No-Show At Camp


"Green Bay Packers receiver Donald Driver isn't happy with his current contract and wants a reworked deal, according to the Wisconsin State Journal of Madison. The three-time Pro Bowler missed a voluntary practice on Thursday. The newspaper report, citing two NFL sources and a team source, said Driver missed the organized team activity -- the first open to the media this offseason -- as he seeks an upgrade to a contract that will pay him $3.9 million this season and $4 million in 2010 (ESPN)."

I have to admit I was really surprised by this. I always thought that Driver was one of those guys who kept his mouth shut and just played, but apparently he did this in 2006 and 2007. I don't think this will be a big deal. Driver is 34 years old and isn't even the #1 WR on the Packers anymore. He is getting paid what he is worth, and I just don't see the Packers caving.

"I don't know what he's doing," an NFL source told the State Journal. "It makes no sense (ESPN)."

I also don't see Driver missing any mandatory camp. After a tough year last year this is the last thing the Packers need. Still I think if the Packers defense can hold up they will be in the playoffs next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment