Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

One Handed Ball Player Gets D-1 Scholarship


Kevin Laue, a 6-foot-10 center whose left arm ends at the elbow, was often told he would be an N.C.A.A. Division I basketball recruit if he had two hands.
It turns out the second hand was not necessary. Laue, who is from California, has accepted a scholarship to play for Manhattan College next season.

This would normally be a story that I make fun of this guy for his disability, but I find this to be really cool. To get a division 1 scholarship in basketball is truly amazing. Given, he will be playing for Manhattan and have the gay title as a Jasper, but it still is amazing. It sucks that a one armed basketball player has already accomplished much more than me in his basketball career. Man, I suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment