Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dice-K Targeting Sept. 8 Return


"From The Sports Xchange: RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka finally capped off a training/shoulder strengthening stint at the Sox Player Development Complex in Florida and rejoined the big-league club Tuesday. Matsuzaka engaged in a throwing session on the outfield grass during BP and is scheduled to pitch Saturday for Double-A Portland (Maine). Matsuzaka expressed happiness at being with his teammates in Boston but also admitted he wasn't fully "back" in Boston. "I am happy to be rejoining the team, but I haven't returned to the lineup yet. So I can't say I've fully rejoined the team. I'm only traveling with the team," he said through translator Mikio Yoshimura. "I'll still be working out with the minor league teams, and I still think of myself as being in the minors. It might be a bit further down the road when I can talk about rejoining the team." Dice-K could return Sept. 8 at this point (Sportsline)."

Sounds like everything is progressing well. His first rehab start went well, and everyone seems to be happy with his arm strength. DP and I have been saying it for awhile now, but the Sox season may be in hands of Dice-K...

No comments:

Post a Comment