Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, August 28, 2009

USC Starting True Freshman QB Matt Barkley


"Matt Barkley felt honored and thrilled when he learned he'll be No. 4 Southern California's starting quarterback in his first college game. What this precocious freshman didn't feel was surprise. From the moment the nation's most coveted high school player chose the Trojans last year, he envisioned his first season on campus working out exactly this way. "I don't feel intimidated at all," Barkley said Thursday night after another practice with the first-team offense. "There's been some great quarterbacks here, we all know that, and I'm just excited to be a part of it. ... I've been preparing this whole time like I'm the starter. That's what I came in here in January hoping to do (Sportsline)."

From everything I have read this kid is going to be a stud, but I still question this move my Carrol. USC is supposed to be in the running for a National Championship, and at head of the team will be a true Freshman? It is ballsy, but I have to admit I kind of like it. When Carrol picks a QB he usually sticks with him until he goes pro or graduates, so USC seems to have a QB for the next 3-4 years. Should be fun to watch if this gamble pays off...

No comments:

Post a Comment