Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Top 10 Shows Of All-Time


When there is a slow day, there is only 1 thing to do. Make lists!!!

Ok, here is a list of my top 10 shows of all-time. I guess I should say my favorite "dramas" of all-time, because I decided to cut out all comedies and also mini-series (ex. Band of Brothers). It is just too hard to compare a show like South Park or Family Guy to LOST.


1. LOST

I don't care what anyone says about how it ended and blah, blah, blah, there has never been a show that I have been that in to, and probably will never be again. Awesome interesting plot that kept you guessing whether you like it or not.

2. Dexter

It has had 1 bad season (season 2 or 3) I forget, but overall is just awesome. Another show that really changed the way TV Shows are made. You know a show is good if you can take a serial killer and make him likable.

3. X-Files

Yea, there are haters, but this is my list and I always enjoyed this show (same with Fringe). Sometimes there were episodes that were terrible, but the ones that had to do with the main storyline (Aliens, cigarette smoking man, ect) were awesome. The ending of the show wasn't the greatest, but then again what show really has a great ending... not many.

4. Oz

Another "gritty" show, much more then the wire. It was violent and sometimes hard to watch, yet it always held your interest. The later seasons got kinda weird, but early on it was one of the best.

5. The Walking Dead

I know only 1 season, but in a time when everything is always the same this show has at least changed it up. I hate zombies, but I even like this show. You are always on the edge of your seat, because (like the characters) you never feel safe. It will be interesting to see how it progresses.

6. The Wire

Finally got around to watching this show, and although I haven't seen a ton of episodes (working on that) I can already tell this show has everything I like. Slow burn that feels realistic, and the social commentary is the best of any show I have ever seen. Maybe this is too early to be on my list, but I can almost guarantee it will slide into the 3 spot when I watch all of them.

7. Sopranos

Although I am not as high on this show as a lot of other people, it's hard to argue it isn't one of the best ever. If you cut out that awful season when takes place mostly in a comma/dream state the rest of the show was pretty awesome.

8. 24

The later season sucked. There is no argument here, and I didn't even watched the last season and a half, but the early seasons (1-4) were awesome. It's just really too bad they let it drag on as long as it did.

9. Fringe

The new age X-Files has been entertaining since it came out. I can understand why people wouldn't like the show, because a lot of the premises are just ridiculous, but I always find myself eventually watching it. They just moved it to Friday nights, so that probably means it is coming to an end.

10. House

Oh my guilty pleasure. I don't watch them in order, and I don't really have to. I guess it is just my "CSI". I don't really care about the subplots, and to be honest it's hard to explain why I even like it. Maybe it really is just to see how many bad "James Bond" one liners House will drop in a given episode.

Shows I haven't watch yet, but I hear are good...

Mad Men, Breaking Bad, True Blood.

Shows I tried, but couldn't get in to...

Friday Night Lights, The Shield, The Event, Heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment