Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Charles Barkley Has Something To Say



"I was mad at the players, to be honest with you," Barkley said Tuesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I think it was inappropriate and wrong to question a guy's heart. Now reporters, they're going to do what they want to. They're entitled to their opinion. But as players, I don't think it's appropriate to question another guy's heart.

"That crosses the line, because you don't know. If you go back and start looking at all the stuff that's been said, and clearly one of the more vocal critics was Maurice Jones-Drew, and then you find out he missed the last two games with a bad knee. And he was really the first guy who crucified Jay. You have to be careful, because in the two most important games of the year, he sat out with a bad knee. And then it really makes him look like an idiot now."

I agree with Charles 100%. I think the talk about Jay Cutler's heart or lack of should be talked about from the media, fans and former players, but for current players to sell out their peers is kind of bullshit. And the biggest puss move for the players like Maurice Jones-Drew and others have are "the taken out of context" excuse. Jones-Drew said, " "Hey I think the urban meyer rule is effect right now... When the going gets tough........QUIT." I would have had much more respect for Jones-Drew if he stood by his comments.

I'm not a big fan of athletes tweeting, and especially tweeting negative things because they are in the safety of their own homes. If I were a coach I would ban it completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment