Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Spartans Are Sinking Fast


In the beginning of the year I thought Michigan State would be challenging for the the NCAA title. Yet, they have already lost 7 games this season and have sunk to #25 in the nation according to the AP poll. On top of that they are riding a 2 game losing steak, and have to deal with this...

"Michigan State announced Tuesday night that it has dismissed junior guard Korie Lucious for the rest of the season.

"Unfortunately, Korie Lucious displayed conduct detrimental to the program," Spartans coach Tom Izzo said in a statement. "My focus is on this team for the remainder of the season."

"I didn't live up to the standards of the program," Lucious said in his own statement. "Unfortunately, I let my teammates, my coaches, and myself down, and wish them the best for the rest of the season."

Neither Izzo nor Lucious elaborated on what may have led to the guard's dismissal from the Spartans (ESPN)."

I have been trying to find out exactly what he did, but so far have been unsuccessful. This isn't the first time Lucious has been in trouble though, he was suspended for a game last season for missing class. Then he pleaded guilty in September to misdemeanor reckless driving and was suspended again for the season opener against Eastern Michigan. So, it sounds like this was the final straw, and I'm not surprised because Izzo usually runs a tight ship.

Lucious doesn't light up the state sheet (6.5 pts 4.1 asts), but he has been a big part of this team in the past when made a game-winning 3 against Maryland in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament last season.

Michigan State still has Kalin Lucas, Durrell Summers, and Draymond Green but they are going to have a really hard time getting back to the Final Four, which is too bad, because like I said before, going into this season I would have had them as a lock for the Final Four.

No comments:

Post a Comment