Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

MLB Preview: Atlanta Braves


2010 record: 91-71

Offense:
Projected Lineup
LF Martin Prado
CF Nate McLouth
3B Chipper Jones
2B Dan Uggla
C Brian McCann
RF Jason Heyward
SS Alex Gonzalez
1B Freddie Freeman

I like the line up a lot especially with the addition of Dan Uggla, he will provide a lot of power and protection for Jayson Heyward. I don't expect Chipper Jones to be who he was but I like the upside of Freddie Freeman. Although Heyward, Jones and Freeman are wildcard, if they click this could be a very solid line up.

Pitching:
RHP Tim Hudson
RHP Derek Lowe
RHP Jair Jurrjens
RHP Tommy Hanson
LHP Mike Minor

Tim Hudson won't have the same year he had last year. No way, I refuse to believe it. Derek Lowe did improve in his 2nd season as a Brave but even if he's solid, I don't expect him to be a make or break guy. Tommy Hanson is the guy I'm most excited about as he can take claim as ace of the staff this year. He had a 3.3 era last year and I expect him to improve on that. Jurrjens and Minor are both question marks, but with decent upside. Jurrjens struggled with injuries last year, but is only 1 year removed from his excellent 2009 season (2.60 ERA, 215 IP). If healthy, he should at least be an above average starter.

Overall:
I like the Braves, unfortunately they are in the same division as the Phillies who are already in the World Series. I think they take a small step back just because they will have to play against Cliff Lee a couple of games.

88-74

No comments:

Post a Comment