Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, March 25, 2011

With The 3rd Pick In the 2011 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills Select.....

DP's Pick:
Blaine Gabbert QB Mizzou

This pick makes the most sense to me for a couple reasons, Ryan Fitzpatrick did a much better job then anyone anticipated however, he's not a long term solution. Any QB selected in this draft is going to need some seasoning and this way Gabbert can sit out a year or 2 before being thrown into the fire. The options here would be between Cam Newton and Gabbert and I just feel like Gabbert is the safer choice here. Even though I personally don't like any qb in this draft other than Ryan Mallett.

BMack's Pick:
Cam Newton, QB, Auburn

I was torn on this pick, because I could see them grabbing Failey here as well. With Gabbert off my board I think the Bills go with Newton. Do I like the pick? No, but for a franchise that is about as exciting as a Bill Belichick press conference this move could build some excitement for the formerly proud franchise. The best part for the Bills is exactly what DP was talking about. Ryan Fitzpatrick can buy them a year or two to groom Newton, which could be huge especially with this lockout going on. Newton has all the physical tools, and throws a much better ball then Tebow. My questions with him will be his decision making, and character. I know the whole whether or not he took money in college thing doesn't really matter in the pros, but this is more about how he handles himself. The good news with this pick is that he is in Buffalo, and I would figure it's hard to get in trouble there. A back field with him and CJ Spiller could be one of the fastest in the NFL, and it would be nice to see Buffalo at least have a little bit of hype around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment