Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

With The 1st Pick In the 2011 NFL Draft the Carolina Panthers Select.....

DP's Pick:

MARCELL DAREUS DT Alabama

This might be a bit of a homer pick because I love the Tide, but I recently have fallen in love with this kid. He's a big mama jama at 319 and has been really successful in a 3-4 and 4-3 schemes at DT. With his quickness he could also be shifted to DE with a 3-4 scheme. The new trend is the Panthers taking Blaine Gabbert here and I just think that would be dumb because they have to give Jimmy Clausen at least another year (even though I'm not a fan). If worse comes to worse he'll tank it and they pick up Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley.


BMack's Pick:

Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

Let me start by saying that I hate this pick. I agree with DP that Clausen should at least get another year before they just give up on him (and I also agree that I am no longer a believer). Yet, with a new coach the Panthers are going to look for a new "face of the franchise". Sure, this guy isn't a big name, but he will be by the time the draft comes around. ESPN always hypes all these guys, so by then he'll be the "next big thing".

Gabbert has the build of an NFL QB at 6'4" 234 lbs. He is a very accurate QB, although some of his stats don't show it. Scouts point out he didn't have a lot to work with at Missouri. He's got a great arm, and can move around the packet enough to avoid sacks. I'll say I don't like this pick, and if we were just making a list of the best guys in the draft I would probably have him at 5 or 6, but like I said before the Panthers are looking to completely rebuild and a new coach with want "his guy" under center, and that guy will be Blaine Gabbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment