Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, March 25, 2011

Yankees To Sign Kevin Millwood


"After an extended courtship, the Yankees signed Kevin Millwood to a minor league deal, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (on Twitter). Freddy Garcia or Bartolo Colon will still start the season as the Yankees' No. 5 starter behind C.C. Sabathia, Phil Hughes, A.J. Burnett and, it seems certain, Ivan Nova (MLBTradeRumors)."

Hahahaha, oh my sides hurt I'm laughing so hard. DP and I were talking about Millwood the other day and I said that I thought he was done and he would be the Jermaine Dye of this season. Everyone would wait around for him to sign, and then no one would. Little did I know the Yankees still think it's 1998, and thus are signing every washed up pitcher they can get their hands on.

This guy has had an ERA under 5.00 once in the last 4 season, and last season went 4-16. Sure, he throws strikes, but in Yankee Stadium this guy is going to get lit up like "Way Back" Wasdin at Fenway back in the day. I guess at this point depth is depth and there aren't any better free agents, but I really hope there aren't any Yankee fans that are excited about this signing.

No comments:

Post a Comment