Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

AL Cy Young Debate: Yes, Already

Well I finally calmed down and don't want to hurt Bob anymore. I still believe he sucks; but it is time to move on. I already discussed Dice and Lester a little bit, but now I will get a little bit further in depth with all of the contestants for this years AL Cy Young race. I have it down to four pitchers; Dice K, Jon Lester, Cliff Lee, and Roy Halladay.

Lets get the hometown guys out of the way

Long Shot #1

Lester is 12 and 4 with a 3.17 era and 114 Ks and a no hitter under his belt this year. Don't get me wrong these are amazing numbers, especially for a guy who I thought was going to be 10-10 and a 4.50 era, but I don't think these are Cy Young worthy. He will finish with around 16 wins, which is nice, but I believe voters will think he should have more on a Red Sox caliber team.

Long Shot #2

Dice K is 15-2 with a 2.77 era and 109 Ks. An outstanding second season, but voters will look down on his high walk count (77 walks) and short outings. As much as he is my boy, this just is not going to be his year, even if he finishes with 17-18 wins.

Now the guy who will win, but I don't want to win.

What bad things can I possibly say about Cliff Lee other than I hate his face. Cliff was sent down to the minors last year for being shitty, but this year he cockslapped the whole AL and put up some incredible numbers. Lee is 17-2 with a 2.43 era with 134 Ks, and 3 CGs on a terrible Cleveland team. He will win it this year, but I smell a Jon Garland, Estaban Loiaza and Jarrod Washburn type career. Don't get used to this, Lee willl be lucky if he finishes over .500 next year.

The guy who I would vote for:

Roy Halladay

Roy has been an absolute warrior for Toronto forever, and I never really cared for him too much. However, this year he has changed my perspective on him ten fold. He is 14-9 with a 2.64 era with 159 Ks and 8 complete games and 2 shut outs. Toronto only gives Roy 2.88 runs per game which is partially the reason why he has 9 losses. The 9 losses will definitely hurt his chances and probably be the reason Lee gets the Cy Young, but 8 complete games for this seasoned veteran is remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment