Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Guess Who's Back

That's right. The myth, the man, the legend has returned to the sports scene in the City of Champions. Will Leitch will be writing a new column every other week for WEEI.com. His first dropped on Monday and it was a scintillating read, as always. Here's a taste -
My search for urbane, cultured, logical sports fans – the way we Cardinals fans like to portray ourselves when we’re not sporting mullets – ultimately led me to Boston. Boston sports seem to have so much drama … even when your teams are winning. (Like, uh, now.) Even the silly dramas, like Manny, have something Shakespearean about them. They even have permanence; Boston sports fandom is steeped in lore, in tradition, in something lasting. In a way, you’re kind of Midwestern. With the volume turned up a bit, anyway. But this is just a theory. I am not a Bostonian, and I never will be. But there’s no more fascinating sports city in America, and sometimes I wonder how easy it is to tell that when you’re so far on the inside.

The goal of this column is to look at Boston sports through an outsider’s point of view, in a hopefully amusing, enlightening way. Or we’ll at least have some genitalia jokes. Listen: I have no idea how this is going to work, and I’m pretty certain I’m going to write something extremely ignorant and unaware, likely in every column. I promise that if I make a single chowdah joke I will give you my home address, and you will be formally invited to come over and beat me to a bloody pulp. But let’s get ‘er started here. We’re a couple weeks from the best two months of the sports season, and Boston will be right in the middle of it. As always.
As a complete sidestep away from sucking Leitch off, I must say, what WEEI is doing for the online site is nothing short of amazing. In less than two months, they have stolen away major talent from the Globe and the Herald along with lining up some of the best writers these interwebs have ever seen. The new site went live yesterday and it promises to only get better with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment