Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lowell Might Be Out For Playoffs


There are many reports coming out today that Mike Lowell has hurt his hip again. He hurt it during his only at-bat last night, when he popped out to first. That was his first appearance after missing eight games with pain in his right hip. Now it seems that the pain is back, and it is seeming less and less likely that he is going to be able to play through it. Not having Lowell would be a big blow to the Red Sox chances of repeating as World Series Champions. I really thought that Lowell was going to be able to tough it out, but the pain just seems to be too much, and Lowell's comments after the game are not encouraging...

"I would defer to we'll see what time says," Lowell said. "By no means do I think I'm owed a roster spot just because I've played here. If I'm not going to do anything that can help the team win . . . but in the short series it's a little different. You don't have to carry as many pitchers. Maybe pinch hitting is an option. We'll see. I'm not ruling out anything yet, but obviously I was disappointed today (Boston Globe)."

The Sox will begin their playoff battle against the Angels on Wednesday, and it doesn't seem like that is going to be enough time to get Lowell back on the field. Though luck for a guy who has tried so hard to comeback, unlike J.D. Drew.

-BMack

No comments:

Post a Comment