Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, September 27, 2008

College Football Picks



For all of you following my college football picks I am sorry. And if you possibly have been gambling on my picks I buried you. But this week will be my resurrection and improve my 7-7 record.

The game of the weekend is (8) Alabama vs (3) Georgia


I like Georgia and I like Knowshon Moreno a lot, but I like Alabama better. Georgia has an inexperienced offensive line and I believe Nick Saban will be able to take full advantage of it and get to Matt Stafford. Alabama's strength is their offensive line and that has led to a pleasant surprise of Bama runningback Glen Coffee. Bama also has the best wide receiver in the country in true freshman Julio Jones. Georgia can go with the black out/ white out/ red out that is not going to matter on Saturday night, Bama has this game.

Bama 21-17

The second game is (2) Oklahoma vs (24) TCU

I am going to take Oklahoma in this game. Oklahoma has a 24 game home winning streak and has a chance to be the number 1 team in the nation. TCU has a good offensive line, Oklahoma's is better. TCU has Andy Dalton throwing the ball, but Oklahoma's Sam Bradford is better. TCU would have to play flawless to have a chance to upend Oklahoma, and I just don't see that happening.

Oklahoma 35-13

(12) Penn State vs (22) Illinois

This was a really tough decision for me because I do like Juice Williams, but the ultimate decision came down to me always rooting for JoePa. The Lions offense has been out of control and that has led to the biggest scoring differential of 42.8 points. Their defense is outstanding and that leads to a long game for the Fighting Illini.

Penn State 45 to 21

And the non top 25 game

Viginia Tech vs Nebraska


Expect a huge game from Tyrod Tyler, even though he has a hurt ankle. Nebraska is 3-0 but they have played no one so far. Tech's defense is amazing.

V-tech 35-17

No comments:

Post a Comment