Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, January 30, 2009

Sox Sign Varitek


"Jason Varitek will remain with the Red Sox, after all. Varitek is closing in on a two-year deal, CBSSports.com has confirmed. The Red Sox had offered Varitek one guaranteed year and a mutual option last week, and had asked for an answer by today (Sportsline)."

All I can say is I am glad this is over. Varitek caved in and will now be here for another two years, and I know a lot of people (DP) will be pissed. There is a part of me that agrees with that feeling, but the other side of me says "fuck it, most catchers suck, and at least he knows our pitchers". So fine, whatever, I hate the "C" on his jersey, I hate his batting stance, but at least I don't have to write another stupid fucking post about whether or not the Sox sign some do nothing catcher. We will give you word when the exact contract is announced.

Smell that? DP just threw up.

**UPDATE**
"Varitek is receiving a $5 million salary this year, with the team holding a $5 million option for next season. If the Red Sox decline it, Varitek can exercise a $3 million option that includes an additional $2 million in performance bonuses that could push the deal back up to $10 million (Boston Herald)."

No comments:

Post a Comment