Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, September 24, 2010

Always Sunny Review


So new season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia has started recently. And I've recently become a fan of it. It took me long enough, but I've finally converted, and I have to say it's now my favorite current TV show.

Last night's episode: "Dennis Gets Divorced"

I liked this one a lot more than last week's. Last week's had some funny parts, but last night was non-stop joke after joke. The "Miss you too" vs. "Miss you 2" dilemma, drawings of elephants, the child kidnapping, Uncle Jack's hands, it was relentlessly hilarious. And I'm glad Dennis got divorced and things went back to normal after only 2 episodes. TV shows tend to go crazy with story arcs (see The Office) that last for 4 or 5 episodes, or even longer. And for a comedy, that's just irritating. And one of the things I love about Always Sunny is that you can start watching at any episode and not need a guidebook to help you figure out what's going on.

I actually would have liked if Charlie and Frank stayed married for a few episodes, even if it was never mentioned. They live together anyway, and are co-dependent, so they could have maintained their marriage without much change to the status quo.

But hey, maybe they are still married. All we did was see them sign a paper that Uncle Jack handed to them.

Speaking of Uncle Jack and hands, did you notice how they gave him suit coats with extra wide sleeves, which made his hands look even smaller? These are the things film school has trained me to notice. I'm glad I'm putting those observational skills to good use.

And how hot was Bill Ponderosa's wife? Played by Cheryl Texiera.



Funniest Charlie moment:
When he pulls out his and Frank's marriage license hanging around his neck in a lanyard, as if it were a credential.

Funniest Mac moment:
N/A, Mac really didn't do much in this episode

Funniest Dennis moment:
"DIVORCE!"

Funniest Dee moment:
"Shit's starting to get real for ya, huh?"

Overall Rating (scale of 1-10):
9

-The Commodore

No comments:

Post a Comment