Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Red Sox 6 Orioles 1


Ortiz is playing like someone who wants a new contract. I still wouldn't give it to him, but there is no question in my mind that I would pick up his option for next season. Ortiz went 2-3 last night with a HR and 4 RBI as the Sox took the final game of the series against the Orioles.

John Lackey got the win to make him 13-11 on the season. He looked good, and this stat line is what we wanted to see all year (7 innings 1 run 5 hits 0 BB 4 Ks). Hopefully he can pitch well to finish the year, and bring that momentum into next spring.

I can't believe Millwood is 3-16. I mean I would give him somewhat of a bye since he is playing for one of the worst teams in baseball, but 3-16 is just unacceptable no matter who you play for (his 5.29 ERA proves that).

Anyways, with the win the Sox are still 6 1/2 games behind the Rays for the Wild Card spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment