Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, September 27, 2010

Shaq Doesn't Compete With "Little" Kobe


Not really shocking news that Shaq and Kobe have a feud, but I did find his recent comments comical...

When the Lakers won the NBA Finals last June Kobe Bryant said, "I got one more than Shaq (Shaquille O'Neal). So you can take that to the bank."

O'Neal, who signed with Boston in hopes of winning another championship, smiled when he heard that comment from Bryant.

"My first thought [after hearing that] was, 'Well, I guess I'm still relevant,'" O'Neal told ESPNBoston.com's Jackie MacMullan. "Kobe is still thinking about me, I guess. I'm still someone to be measured against.

"But I don't compete with little guards. I don't compete with little guys who run around dominating the ball, throwing up 30 shots a night -- like D-Wade (Dwyane Wade), Kobe.

"Now if Tim Duncan said it, I'd be pissed. He's the only guy I'm competing with. If Tim Duncan gets five rings, then that gives some writer the chance to say 'Duncan is the best,' and I can't have that (ESPN)."

Shaq would obviously view this different if he was the one with more rings, but anything that throws more fuel on the fire of Lakers vs. Celtics I am all for. I am not the biggest basketball fan, but even I have to admit this is more most excited I have been for an NBA season since the Celtics first brought in the Big 3. There are going to be so many great comments from guys like that Shaq we should be entertained all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment