Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, September 24, 2010

It's OK You Can Hate Lebron


A couple days ago I stayed home from work sick, which basically means I watched ESPN for 8 straight hours. Sportscenter, First Take (Cold Pizza was a much better name), Mike and Mike, and so on. Anyways, they kept talking about how black people are coming to the defense of Lebron. At first I didn't think much of it, but 8 hours later I started to get really annoyed. Why does he need to be defended just because he's black? We rip of Favre nonstop. We admitted last year that he was awesome, but we still hate him...everyone does. And everyone should have the right to hate LeBron too. He is a great player, but he is also a douche, and if we have learned anything from sports over the past couple years it is easy to be both.

So guest after guest just saying that people think he is getting unfair criticism. I really can't understand it. What really pissed me off is that not one person would stand up and say "but he was acting like a douche, and this is usually happens if you do douchey things. I mean the guy went on live TV made an ass out of an entire city, looked like an ego maniac, turned his back on some of his closest friends (Mo Williams, who still doesn't seem to be over it), all in the name of Lebron. I'm sorry, but if you do that you're an asshole, regardless of color. I don't mind that he went to Miami, just the manner in which he did it.

I am sure there are some people that hate LeBron because he is black, but they would've hated him regardless then. The people who are angry with him now aren't angry because of what color his skin is, but rather the manner in which he holds himself. He has no one to blame but himself. So, really take it easy, the guy deserves it, and I'm glad his Q rating is falling. The NBA needed a villain, and now they have two with Kobe and LeBron. Villains = intriguing story lines, which is a good thing. So have fun hating him, and leave the race card at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment